Do I need to get tested for endocannabinoid deficiency before I can apply for the medical cannabis card?

No, there is no specific testing readily available to assess the endocannabinoid system. To apply for a card in California or other states, you need to have one of the qualifying medical conditions specific to that state. For instance, in California: Cancer Anorexia AIDS Chronic pain Spasticity Cachexia Persistent muscle spasms, including those associated with multiple sclerosis Seizures, including, but not limited to, those associated with epilepsy Severe nausea Glaucoma Arthritis Migraines Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or more major life activities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) or, if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient’s safety or physical or mental health