It’s hard to let go, but summer 2018 is winding down. The kids are back in school, the days are getting shorter, and—for some of us—there’s a distinct fall chill in the air. But there’s still time to celebrate summer. The last big holiday of the season, Labor Day, is right around the corner, and we hope you’re able to spend it with friends, family and great food.
If you want to make it an even more memorable holiday, why not infuse some of your side dishes with cannabis? It’ll make for an elevated experience that won’t induce a hangover. And with these recipes, including marijuana in your Labor Day spread has never been easier.
To infuse these recipes, we’ve added cannabis tinctures, or oils. Are you new to cannabis tinctures? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this guide to cannabis tinctures. It will tell you all you need to know about cannabis-infused oils and choosing the right one for you.
You could go with a high-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) tincture if you don’t mind a psychoactive experience and are interested in THC’s mood-boosting and pain-melting properties. Or you could choose a hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) oil that won’t make you feel high and will impart all of CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety benefits.
It’s up to you. Just be sure you label your elevated side dishes, especially if you include a marijuana tincture that has THC.
Cannabis-Infused Watermelon Feta Salad
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is. But rest assured, all it takes are two easy steps.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 large seedless watermelon, balled or cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 15 mL high-CBD cannabis tincture
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Watermelon Feta Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, cannabis tincture, lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper; mix thoroughly to make your dressing.
- Toss the watermelon, crumbled feta and mint into the dressing mixture.
RELATED: CANNABIS INFUSED THIN MINT COOKIES
Marijuana-Infused Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
If you’ve never had elote before, you may never go back to plain corn on the cob again. And don’t worry; if you don’t have access to a grill, you can always use a stovetop grill pan or even roast the elote in the oven. And you can opt to boil the corn instead of grilling or roasting, if you prefer.
Ingredients for Marijuana-Infused Elote
- 4 corncobs, shucked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, wedged
- 15 mL hybrid cannabis tincture
How to Make Marijuana-Infused Elote
- Warm a propane grill on high for 5 minutes or heat your charcoal grill and top it with a well-greased grill grate.
- While the grill’s heating, use a medium mixing bowl to combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Cotija cheese, cilantro, garlic and chili powder.
- Once the grill is nice and hot, place the shucked corncobs directly onto the grill grate. 4. Turn the corncobs occasionally until they’re cooked through and have blackened grill marks on all sides.
- Once the corncobs are cooked, remove them from the heat and place into the mixing bowl.
- Spin the corn with one hand and, using a spoon in the other, spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the corn to evenly coat.
- Right before serving, top the corncobs with extra Cotija cheese, chili powder and cilantro.
Southern Cucumber Salad Infused With Cannabis Oil
Much like the watermelon feta salad, this is an incredibly easy and healthy side dish. If you prefer peeled cucumbers, do that step before slicing.
Ingredients for Southern Cucumber Salad Infused With Cannabis Oil
- 4 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 mL cannabis tincture of your choice
How to Make Southern Cucumber Salad Infused With Cannabis Oil
- Once you’ve got your cucumbers sliced how you like them, in a large mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients together.
- Toss in the cucumbers and let chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Photo credit: Eric Nopanen