On a chilly, dark, winter morning, a breakfast smoothie simply isn’t going to cut it. What you need is a warm, filling meal to jumpstart your day. Breakfast kicks your metabolism into gear and prepares you for the day ahead, so it’s only right to do this important meal justice.
These two winter breakfast recipes are healthy and filling. And you can tailor them based on different dietary restrictions (one’s already gluten free, and the other is vegan). They’re both perfect to make ahead of time and are recipes you can easily infuse with cannabidiol (CBD). What more could you ask for?
Why Start Your Day With CBD?
Starting your morning with CBD can set you on a path for a less stressful, more productive day. This is because CBD is known to:
- Reduce stress
- Ease inflammation
- Promote focus
And since these recipes include just a small amount of a hemp-derived CBD tincture, you don’t have to worry about fighting off drowsiness.
RELATED: WHAT IS HEMP CBD?
Ingredients for Gluten-Free CBD Egg Stuffed Tomatoes
With four servings, this healthy recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated as you need it. And if you’re a busy parent making breakfast for the entire family, this recipe makes it easy to infuse your serving separately—CBD for the adults and none for the kids.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 4 mL of hemp-derived CBD tincture
How to Make Gluten-Free CBD Egg Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with aluminum foil, indenting the foil into the muffin wells.
- Next, core the tomatoes by cutting off about 1 inch from the top and using a spoon to scoop out the inside.
- Set each tomato into a muffin well.
- If you’re including bacon, dice it up into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and CBD tincture. If you only want to infuse some but not all of the tomatoes, separate your eggs into two batches and only add CBD to one of them.
- Once the eggs are whisked, fill each tomato to right below the brim and add some bacon.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes and enjoy.
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Pan-Seared Blueberry Oatmeal
This is a breakfast option that you can and should make partially in advance. Add it into your Sunday meal prep routine and have seven breakfasts ready to go for the entire week.
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 cups coconut milk (any nut milk will work)
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (any other type of cooking oil will work too)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup honey
- 7 mL of hemp-derived CBD tincture
How to Make CBD-Infused Pan Seared Blueberry Oatmeal
For this recipe, you’ll make the oatmeal ahead of time so it can cool for at least an hour (but can last in the fridge for up to a week).
- To make the oatmeal, combine water, coconut milk, brown sugar, CBD tincture and oats in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the oatmeal mixture has thickened, pour it into a bread pan and let cool at room temperature for at least an hour. This step is very important, so don’t rush it.
- Once the oatmeal has cooled, it will have a consistency that’s more like a dense bread, making it very easy to slice and sear.
- Cut the cooled oatmeal into 7 even slices.
- Heat the coconut oil or cooking oil of your choice in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Place 1 slice of oatmeal onto the pan and sear both sides until a crispy, golden outer layer develops. Repeat now with the remaining slices or sear a fresh slice each day.
- Top with honey and fresh blueberries and enjoy.
Photo credit: Brooke Lark