It’s stone fruit season and delicious peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines and cherries are everywhere. These tasty fruits are ripe for the picking, and whether you’re shopping at the grocery store or gathering them from your own fruit trees, it’s easy to stock up on this flavorful bounty right now.
So, what can you do with all of the irresistible stone fruit in your life?
It’s simple: Make a stone fruit crisp. Crisps are similar in taste to a pie, with a sweet, juicy and fruity filling. But they’re so much easier to make, because you don’t have to fuss with rolling out a perfect pie crust. Just mix up your filling, add the topping and bake—the result is a gooey and delicious crisp that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
When it comes to customizing the recipe, I leave it open what type of stone fruit to use, You can even mix it up and combine different stone fruits together. (Cherry and peach is a delicious combination, for example.)
I chose a mix of white and yellow peaches for my crisp. Peaches are brimming with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like:
- Vitamins A, C, E, K
Peaches are also thought to have other health benefits such as:
- Promoting healthy digestion
- Boosting skin health
- Helping regulate blood sugar
- Decreasing allergy symptoms
This peach crisp also has all of the goodness of cannabidiol (CBD) baked right in. Just like peaches, CBD is also a good source of antioxidants, which help keep us healthy by combatting cellular decay.
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Peach Crisp:
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 doses CBD oil*
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 cups peaches, sliced (or other fresh stone fruit you’d prefer to include, like plums or cherries)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp butter (to grease the baking dish)
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*Everyone’s different when it comes to dosing, so use your best judgment based on your previous experiences with edibles. If you have a lower tolerance to CBD, use a smaller dose. If you aren’t sure about how much CBD to include, start low; a good starting dose is 5 mg.
How to Make CBD-infused Peach Crisp
- To get started, position a rack in the middle of your oven. Then, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease your baking dish with butter.
- Slice your peaches into medium-sized slices.
- Make your filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and sugar until there are no lumps.
- Add the peaches, CBD tincture and lime juice, and toss the fruit gently in the mixture until coated. Add this mixture to your pre-greased baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat, then remove it and let cool.
- Make your topping: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and salt, and stir until thoroughly combined. Then, evenly drizzle the vanilla and the melted butter over the mix and stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit mixture, allowing some large clumps to remain intact, but also keeping the crumble relatively even.
- Bake the crisp for 30–35 minutes, or until the fruit juices are bubbling at the edges, and the topping is firm and golden brown.
- When the crisp is done, let it cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
You can also keep the crisp covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Serve cold or warm it up in the oven on low for 20 minutes.
Photo credit: Emily Earlenbaugh
Want to try CBD, but don’t know where to start? Shop our selection of high-quality, lab-tested CBD products and have them shipped to your door. And if you have questions about CBD, ask them and our community will answer.