will I need to obtain a county-issued card after January 1?

"In order to enter medical dispensaries and pay medical prices, will I be required to get a county-issued cannabis card?"

As to my knowledge, there are two types of cards that you can get: (1) a medical marijuana recommendation (MMR) – this is what you get through our teleheath services. It lets you purchase medical cannabis from any dispensary in CA. Your MMR is valid until the expiration date; you do not need a new MMR after Jan. 1.
(2) a state issued Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) – you must apply for this. You can only get this card if you already have an MMR. This gives you a small tax discount on medical cannabis purchases. You do NOT need this card to purchase medical marijauana from a dispensary.

Danielle Lim

The perfect dose of cannabis advice right to your inbox

Sign-up for news, deals, and more!
By signing up for Perfect Dose, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.