Am I allowed to use an out of state I.D to purchase recreational?

Yes, one can use an out of state ID, but the valid state ID must prove you are at least 21 years old.


Hi there! If you’re asking about California, recreational cannabis sales are only permitted to those 21 years of age or over and you must show a valid state-issued photo ID or passport. Please note that many cities in California are not allowing the sale of recreational cannabis, only medical cannabis, meaning you still need a doctor’s recommendation in addition to your state-issued photo ID to purchase cannabis.


The perfect dose of cannabis advice right to your inbox

Sign-up for news, deals, and more!
By signing up for Perfect Dose, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.