Can I use an out of state marijuana card instead of obtaining a New York state one?

by HelloMD

I have a medical cannabis card from California, and will be visiting NY. Can I use this to get into dispensaries while on my trip?


Answer - Nurse Practitioner

No, you can only use your medical cannabis card in the state that it is issued in. You can only use your California medical cannabis card in California.

Answer - General Counsel, PharmaCannis LLC.

Unlike other states (Nevada and Michigan are good examples), New York dispensaries are not permitted to honor medical cannabis cards from other states.