Win a College Scholarship With HelloMD
A year ago
HelloMD is pleased to announce its first-ever essay contest for college students. This is your chance to have your writing featured on our blog, which is shared with our community of over 200,000 cannabis experts and enthusiasts.
We’ll review all essays and select the ones that are appropriate for publication. We’ll also select the best essay, and the author will receive a $500 scholarship award.
Write about how cannabis is helping millions of patients with chronic illnesses and ultimately changing the world for the better. Use personal stories and anecdotes as well as peer-reviewed research to illustrate your points. Don’t write about recreational cannabis use—our focus is on using cannabis to improve and support health and wellness.
- Be 1,000 words or less
- Include the applicant’s full name, institution and email in the upper left-hand corner
- Be submitted in an editable document format
- Include links to any/all peer-reviewed research used to support the essay’s theme/ideas
- be enrolled in an institution of higher learning
- create an account at hellomd.com—include a profile picture and write a short bio that’s at least 3 sentences long (If your essay is selected for publication, it will be linked to your profile.)
Email your submission to content(at)hellomd(dot)com with subject “HelloMD essay contest.” Include your full name and school in the body of the email. We will accept only one submission per student.
Submissions that don’t follow the aforementioned guidelines won’t be considered.
Submission deadline: April 23, 2019
Note: All essays selected for publication will be edited to ensure that they’re in keeping with the HelloMD brand voice, tone and style.
Photo credit: Brian Shamblen