DIY Recipe: Healthy Cannabis-Infused Fruit Popsicles
A year ago
As the summer temperatures continue to climb, you’re going to need light and refreshing snacks ready at all times. Enjoying a frozen pop on a hot summer day is an ode to childhood that we should indulge in at least once a week. But now that you’re a little older, you can add a dose of cannabis to really take this treat to the next level. What could be better than that?
We’ve put together three healthy homemade popsicle recipes for you to try this summer. Each recipe is delicious as is, but can be easily customized to fit your own taste and dietary needs. To medicate these homemade cannabis popsicles, go with a marijuana tincture; it’s the easiest way to add cannabis to the mix. While we’ve provided a suggested ratio for each recipe, your preferred cannabis tincture will work, too—whether that’s a cannabidiol (CBD)-only tincture or a high tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) one.
Coconut Berry Cannabis-Infused Popsicles
- 3/4 cup strawberry
- 3/4 cup blueberries (raspberries, blackberries or a blend of berries also work)
- 1 15-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp local honey
- 15 mL 1:1 CBD:THC cannabis tincture
- In a food processor or blender, add the coconut milk, vanilla, honey, cannabis tincture, blueberries and strawberries.
- Blend until completely smooth, using a silicon spatula to scrape the sides as needed.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about a 1/2 inch of space on top.
- Toss in a few full blueberries and/or slices of strawberries for added color and texture.
- Place the mold in the freezer for at least 6–8 hours or until completely frozen.
Cannabis Ginger-Lemonade Popsicles
By using a high-CBD tincture, you can enjoy this refreshing popsicle any time without getting overly intoxicated by THC. The ginger can also help with nausea and motion sickness.
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 2/3 cup local honey
- 15 mL 20:1 CBD:THC cannabis tincture
- Juice of 2 1/2 fresh lemons
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Start by grating the peeled ginger over a bowl to collect all of the juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the warm water, honey, ginger and marijuana tincture together and mix until honey is dissolved.
- If you prefer your popsicles without the ginger pieces, allow this mixture to rest until cold and then use a fine strainer or cheesecloth to strain the mixture into a large measuring cup or pitcher for easy pouring.
- Pour the final mixture into popsicle molds, leaving 1/4 inch of space at the top.
- Sprinkle a bit of lemon zest on top for a beautiful addition.
- Freeze for 6–8 hours or until completely frozen.
Green Machine Marijuana Breakfast Popsicles
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (frozen will work, too)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2/3 cup almond, coconut or other preferred nut milk
- 15 mL of a 2:1 CBD:THC tincture
- In a blender or food processor, add the pineapple, banana, spinach, nut milk and cannabis tincture.
- Blend these ingredients until completely smooth, using a silicon spatula as needed to scrape the sides.
- Once fully combined, pour the mixture into popsicle molds leaving about 1/4 inch of space at the top.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 6–8 hours and enjoy.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with these recipes and customize them to your liking. And let us know how these refreshing popsicles turned out for you in the comments.
Photo credit: Daniel Hjalmarsson