DIY Recipe: CBD-Infused, Post-Workout Green Smoothie
7 months ago
After an intense workout your body calls out for food. But not just any food. Something that can help repair the muscles that have just gone through the wringer.
Whether you’re working out to achieve the perfect body for summer or simply aiming to get healthier, your success is all about making the right decisions to help you develop the habits of a healthy lifestyle.
One of the biggest mistakes I’ve seen with many of my nutrition clients over the years was the absence of a post-workout meal. When you beat yourself up in the gym and then don’t feed your body the proper nutrition after a workout, it defeats the purpose of your goals.
It’s very important to consume a healthy meal after a workout to help repair and build your body. And in this crazy, fast-paced society, you’re probably like me, and prefer to prepare something that’s simple and delicious, right? That’s where this smoothie comes in.
I’m sharing a recipe for one of my favorite smoothies, because it’s simple and delicious, and the perfect post-workout meal on the go. This recipe features healthful ingredients like pineapple, spinach and CBD oil to help replenish nutrients as well as aid your body in its recovery.
I used a nonflavored CBD oil for this recipe. But I encourage you to get creative and try using other CBD oil flavors, such as mint.
CBD Plus Other Wholesome Ingredients Pack a Nutritious Punch
This smoothie is delicious, healthy and simple to make. Plus, it can set you on the road to recovery after an intense workout.
Here are just a few nutritional highlights that this smoothie provides:
- Bananas: Because they’re high in potassium, bananas can help prevent muscle cramps after workouts.
- Pineapples: This tropical fruit contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce harmful inflammation after your workout.
- Spinach: Popeye’s favorite leafy green is rich in calcium and iron. It not only replenishes your energy, but it can also really help build muscle and speed up the protein conversion process in muscles.
- Almond milk: This dairy alternative can provide a good source of protein and help boost your energy.
- Hemp seeds: One of the most nutritious superfoods around, hemp seeds contain a substantial amount of protein and a good balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
How Can CBD Help With Workout Recovery?
Recovery is very important after a workout, and this is where CBD can be extremely beneficial for people looking to improve their workout results. This cannabinoid has been shown to:
- Relieve muscle pain
- Ease the strain a workout can put on old injuries
- Reduce discomfort the next day after a hard workout
Ingredients for CBD-Infused, Post-Workout Green Smoothie
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 mL hemp CBD oil
- 2 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Water (optional)
How to Make CBD-Infused, Post-Workout Green Smoothie
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a 12 oz mason jar or glass, then top with hemp seeds.
- To get the consistency of your choice, you can add more almond milk or water if the smoothie is too thick. Add some ice, and use less liquid if it’s too thin.
You can store your smoothie in the fridge for 1–2 days in the mason jar or in an airtight container. Shake well before drinking and enjoy.
Photo credit: Tito Dudley aka Chef T
Want to try CBD, but don’t know where to start? Shop our selection of high-quality, lab-tested CBD products and have them shipped to your door. And if you have questions about CBD, ask them and our community will answer.