HelloMD Launches Telehealth Service for Medical Cannabis in New York
HelloMD, a digital health platform for non-traditional care, announced its return to the US with a flagship launch in the state of New York. For the last few years, HelloMD has operated its Telehealth business exclusively across Canada. However, since the COVID pandemic, it is clear the Telehealth is the healthcare delivery model of the future.
We are excited to announce that we have expanded our Telehealth service to the state of New York. People across the state now have unlimited access to experienced healthcare practitioners who can advise them on the use of medical cannabis. New Yorkers can now easily and efficiently use the HelloMD live video platform from the comfort of their home or office.
Why Use Telehealth for Cannabis?
Along with California and Nevada, New York allows for qualifying Telehealth consultations between patients and doctors, for medical cannabis. Telehealth is particularly important for medical cannabis consultations because it allows for private consultations where:
- Patients feel the stigma of investigating medical marijuana
- A Primary GP or doctor doesn't feel comfortable prescribing or advising cannabis
- People are too sick to travel to see a doctor EG: undergoing chemo
New York's Qualifying Conditions
The following are qualifying conditions for getting a medical card in the state of New York:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Chronic pain
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with an objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- HIV /AIDS
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Opioid use disorder (only if enrolled in a treatment program pursuant to article 32 of the mental hygiene law.)
- Opioid replacement
- Parkinson's disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
New York has recently expanded the list of qualifying conditions to include (among others) chronic pain. This category is important as its broadly defined as any pain lasting longer than 12 weeks, and can include very common conditions such as migraines, back pain, fibromyalgia, sciatica, arthritis, and others (all of which cannabis has shown to be an effective treatment for.
Help Spread the Word
Having launched in New York, we need the assistance of HelloMD members to help spread the awareness of the service to friends they have in New York. If you have friends in New York you feel might benefit from the use of medical cannabis, please have them visit HelloMD and see a doctor or nurse today. The process takes about an hour to complete, and doctors are available 7-days per week.