There are so many tasty dishes you can infuse with cannabidiol (CBD). But some days, you just want a quick, healthy recipe that you can put together without spending too much time cooking and cleaning up. That’s when I make this super simple and easy recipe: CBD parfait with chocolate-covered hemp seeds.
If you’ve never had a parfait before, it’s a simple and enticing dish served in a clear glass cup or bowl to display the beautiful layers of:
- Sometimes other ingredients, like granola
While the parfait looks delightful, it’s actually very simple to make. All you need to do is scoop layers of yogurt and fruit into a glass—no cooking, no wait time and very few dishes to clean. Plus, it’s packed full of healthy ingredients.
The yogurt base of the parfait is loaded with both nutrients and probiotics, which make it great for digestive health. In addition, yogurt can help:
- Boost your immune system
- Strengthen your bones
- Promote heart health
While most parfaits include granola for crunchy texture, I swap this ingredient out for some chocolate-covered hemp seeds, which you can find at health food stores, Whole Foods or even on Amazon.
These crunchy little seeds add only a small amount of additional CBD to the parfait, but they do add lots of:
- Healthy fats, like omega-3s
These healthy fats are known to help improve the way that your body metabolizes cannabinoids. Additionally, a diet high in hemp seeds can help:
- Boost heart health
- Protect you from neurodegeneration
- Fight inflammation
The fresh fruit you choose for your parfait can also bring positive health benefits. One great way to pick your blend is to look for fruits that help with your particular health needs—and that are in season.
This parfait uses a classic strawberry and blueberry blend, but you can use just about any fruit you’d like to make the parfait of your dreams.
Ingredients for CBD Parfait With Chocolate-Covered Hemp Seeds
- 8 oz low-fat Greek yogurt (You can use plain yogurt instead.)
- A handful of blueberries
- A handful of strawberries, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp chocolate covered hemp seeds, or more if needed
- 1 dose of CBD tincture*
*Everyone is different when it comes to dosing, so use your best judgment based on your previous experiences with edibles. If you have a lower tolerance to cannabis, use a smaller dose. If you aren’t sure about how much CBD to include, start low; a good starting dose is 5 mg.
- Your favorite fruits
Alternative parfait versions:
- Mango, peeled and cubed
- Pineapple, cubed
- Dried coconut flakes
- Strawberry, cored and sliced
- Banana, sliced
- Black cherries, pitted
- Low-fat chocolate yogurt
- Chocolate-covered hemp seeds
How to Make CBD Parfait With Chocolate-Covered Hemp Seeds
- To get started, put your yogurt in a small bowl, and mix in one dose of CBD tincture (5 mg or a dose that works well for you). Stir until the oil is thoroughly mixed in.
- Next, pour a tiny scoop of chocolate-covered hemp seeds into the bottom of a glass cup. Then, layer about a third of your infused yogurt into the glass, making sure not to get yogurt on the sides of the cup.
- Top the yogurt with a layer of blueberries.
- Layer on another third of your yogurt, and this time top with the strawberries.
- Add a final layer of yogurt and top with more chocolate-covered hemp seeds.
- Garnish with fruit and serve immediately.
If you’re making multiple parfaits, you can customize them to everyone’s tolerance levels by using different doses of CBD for each person.
For a fun CBD-infused party activity, you could also provide an array of different parfait ingredients and let your guests create their own custom treats.
Photo credit: Emily Earlenbaugh
Want to try CBD, but don’t know where to start? Shop our selection of high-quality, lab-tested CBD products and have them shipped to your door. And if you have questions about CBD, ask them and our community will answer.