Now that Thanksgiving’s over, you may still have a fridge full of delicious (but heavy) leftovers. The only problem is after a few days of gluttony your body is probably craving something slightly healthier than a plate full of stuffing and creamy mashed potatoes with pumpkin pie for dessert.
We can’t let all that good home cooking go to waste, so we’ve put together an easy, healthy and cannabis-infused recipe to make with your Thanksgiving leftovers. This is a great way to turn food you probably don’t want to throw away into delicious medicine that can help you relax, ease pain or target the specific health condition you’re looking to treat.
Ingredients for Healthy, Cannabis-Infused Thanksgiving Leftovers Wrap
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- A large handful of leftover turkey, shredded and chilled
- 1 1/2 cups leafy greens of your choice
- 1–2 tbsp of leftover stuffing, warmed
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 large whole-wheat tortilla
- 10–15 mg cannabis tincture of your choice. For tinctures rich in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a smaller amount (10 mg) may be preferable since it will impart psychoactive effects. If you’re using a cannabidiol (CBD) tincture, 15 mg should be a reasonable amount for all tolerance levels.
How to Make Healthy, Cannabis-Infused Thanksgiving Leftovers Wrap
- In a small mixing bowl, heat the gravy in a microwave for one minute and set to the side while you assemble the rest of the wrap.
- Place the whole-wheat tortilla on a large plate. Spread the cranberry sauce on the tortilla in a circle, starting at the center.
- Add the leafy greens and then the shredded turkey meat and warmed stuffing.
- Next, add your tincture to the warm turkey gravy; mix well.
- On top of the stuffing, add the warmed gravy and tincture mixture, fold the tortilla and enjoy.
Photo credit: Alexander Mils
If you’re new to cannabis and want to learn more, take a look at our Cannabis 101 index of articles. HelloMD can help you get your medical marijuana recommendation; it’s easy, private and 100% online.